Melissa's Oaxaca Service-Learning Blog

I was enrolled in a summer Service-Learning Program through ACCD. this blog follwed our adventures in San Antonio and in Oaxaca. It now holds some thoughts on life, and fun as well as comments. I will continue to post Oaxaca information as i get it. you will want to continue checking for updates since we are suppose to go back in March 07!

 
Ode to my friend : J
Monday, July 31, 2006
i offered to hit my friend today well actually
right now its about 11:00 at night
i offered to hit her somewhere anywhere.

she was/is in pain. mentally her heart got broken,
well not broken but cracked. so i offered to hit her
in the face so she could feel physical pain instead of
emotional pain. she turned me down.

why i dont know. actually she is sitting next to me, drinking
her sorrows away. but what comes after you drinK?
she will be extracting her sorrows away. i tell her see as
easy as it goes in, it comes out.

as well the pain. it comes in you feel it (like abad hangover) than
it goes out. but sometimes you need to feel it to say i will
not do that again.

do you ever feel like this is the last time iam going to give
someone a chance. last time i am going to let a piece of my
heart go to someone?


then your not going to share that with anyone else because the last
person took it and broke it so much that you dont think its going to
be put back together again?

than you will not allow yourself to care for someone? not let yourself
fall in love again?

but why love ?

you love because there is a chance, that out there your soul mate is waiting
for you

out there the love of your life is waiting for you

what does not kill you makes you stonger.

and we all need to be strong



if this does not make sense
i had to sit here and HAD to share 5 pina colada's with my friend

i dont want her to drink alone....


to my friend: dont always give your heart.. not everyone is
worthy of your inner and outer beauty!
do you give your all to yourself! do belive in yourself
do be happy for YOU .not anyone else ..

the only way you can find TRUE happiness is by finding yourself !

you are the one that is in control...you just need to get in
control
luv ya -melissa
posted by Melissa Rodriguez @ 7/31/2006 10:51:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Melissa Rodriguez
Home: San Antonio, Texas, United States
About Me: New me, not the same one that started out in the begining of the summer. Oaxaca and what I saw here in SA changed me. I use to think I did a lot, volunteer for organizations, chair events. blablabla. But there is sooo much more to do! And i learned not to be afraid. Not that I was scared of things before. But not to be afraid to venture out and ask questions. Or to say NO! And to ask why something can't happen. To be in the middle of all that and not knowing what tomorrow held. Finding out who really loved you when you called home, who was waiting for your call.. maybe my last call, that woke me up to what i want for my life....New me ..braver, more aggressive, and more FOCUS than ever on a GOAL! UPDATE: one goal completed since last updated: i graduating w/ my AA in PR! 2nd goal going to OLLU for my BS. 3rd goal: WE ARE GOING BACK TO OAXACA!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Melissa's Oaxaca Service-Learning Blog Template by Isnaini Dot Com