Melissa's Oaxaca Service-Learning Blog

I was enrolled in a summer Service-Learning Program through ACCD. this blog follwed our adventures in San Antonio and in Oaxaca. It now holds some thoughts on life, and fun as well as comments. I will continue to post Oaxaca information as i get it. you will want to continue checking for updates since we are suppose to go back in March 07!

 
Hope fades
Sunday, July 16, 2006
When I started this blog yesterday (Sunday) I was thinking that my hope in returning to Oaxaca was fading. It did not look like we were going to return. I emailed Mark, who is from ACCD and inquired about our return and when a decision would be made. I have to let my work know and make arrangements this time for my children. If we go I'll be missing my 4 year old going to school the first time, my daughter going into 4th grade, and my son into 2nd. Plus our classroom will have a new teacher. So there is a lot for me to plan.
This morning I received an email from Mark stating that he spoke with the Embassy in Mexico and consular agent in Oaxaca. And after speaking with them along with reports he read, he fells that we CAN return in August!
My eyes had to read his email twice to make sure I was reading correctly. I am excited but trying still to contain myself. Not until we are on the plane than will I be ecstatic.
I am scared something will happen from now until we leave to make this not happen for us. So I will continue to pray and keep my faith that we will return . That we will sit and enjoy the Zocalo. And that I will get to eat at Marco Polo, where several of my classmates have raved about their breakfast.
Lets see I hope to write to you from Oaxaca once again.
----------melissa
posted by Melissa Rodriguez @ 7/16/2006 09:50:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Melissa Rodriguez
Home: San Antonio, Texas, United States
About Me: New me, not the same one that started out in the begining of the summer. Oaxaca and what I saw here in SA changed me. I use to think I did a lot, volunteer for organizations, chair events. blablabla. But there is sooo much more to do! And i learned not to be afraid. Not that I was scared of things before. But not to be afraid to venture out and ask questions. Or to say NO! And to ask why something can't happen. To be in the middle of all that and not knowing what tomorrow held. Finding out who really loved you when you called home, who was waiting for your call.. maybe my last call, that woke me up to what i want for my life....New me ..braver, more aggressive, and more FOCUS than ever on a GOAL! UPDATE: one goal completed since last updated: i graduating w/ my AA in PR! 2nd goal going to OLLU for my BS. 3rd goal: WE ARE GOING BACK TO OAXACA!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Melissa's Oaxaca Service-Learning Blog Template by Isnaini Dot Com